Chislib 23 Things Task

Monday, June 30, 2008

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS


THING from the Addams Family


The name LIBRARY 2.0 reminds me something I would like to forget - studying. There must be another name we can use to describe all these groovy things we can implement to make visiting the library an enjoyable experience for all those Milleniums. Or are we trying too hard? Maybe we librarians will become known as "Try hards" and forever scorned by those under the age of 21. I agree with somebody in one of the many pages I read that libraries need to think long and hard about effort versus result and have a considered strategy for introducing techno whizzo library services with definite outcomes in mind.

However I must say I did enjoy some of the "Things" where I could be creative and interactive and feel like I wasn't totally someone who was scared to try something new. I may stick to blogs and use Flickr as I see them having an application in my life particularly when travelling.I have fallen in love with iGoogle and love looking at maps. Also I say bring on blogs and wikkis etc in the library pages.
Overall Jason did a marvellous job setting up this course and it will have lasting benefits for all of us.

1 comment:

kd said...

Have just been reading your blog and enjoying it very much. informative and funny! Well done. I'm just starting out on the 'things', and your comments have inspired me to keep going.